Tuesday 29 November 2011

from play room to pool room !

I am back in Surrey this week and still have no before and after shots yet. I'm painting fitted furniture, from green dragged and rag-rolled 80's style, to cream and antiqued and it seems to be taking quite a while ! So I thought I would show you something I did in June of this year.

This is the play room/tv room of a house that I painted about 8 years ago. I just did a very large fun check with colours we had used elsewhere in the house.



The clients had this furniture from a previous home so they just added gold silk curtains and new wall lights. Earlier this year they sold this house to a man who decided to use this room for his snooker table with a purple baize !  The snooker table also had a mottled effect wood trim in a sort of mock tortoishell !

After a bit of a discussion, he let me go ahead with my idea to make his 'big boys and their toys room' into a wacky purple tartan affair, with mottled gold paint to tie in with the curtains and light fitting !





Hopefully you can see the mottled edge of the snooker tabel which is why I did the same sort of effect on the walls.
Oddly the room actually looks bigger now, even though there is a massive snooker table in the middle. The client is really happy, and his inter-changeable multi-coloured spotlights apparently look great at night. (I told you it was a big boys toy room).

I think all his memorabilia looks pretty good against the dark background and he seems delighted that the room is a one-off and basically bespoke.
I have always felt that dining-rooms, cloakrooms and obviously play-rooms are the ones you can go to town on, and the larger your home the more individual a certain room can be. This definately wouldn't work in my house, but fits well into this large country home !

3 comments:

  1. Fiona, I've awarded you the Liebster Blog award! Pop over to my blog to see what this means.
    Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, I've awarded you the Liebster Blog award! Pop over to my blog to see what this means.
    Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great space for the lads! What an amazing transformation! I just signed up as your latest follower!
    x
    Melissah

    PS I have set up a new blog http://countrystylechic.blogspot.com if you feel like popping by!

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !